Oats are an incredible cereal with a myriad of health benefits. They are full of fibres with low fat and high carbs and protein. From helping weight loss to a reduced risk of heart diseases, it’s a safe bet to say that putting Oats in our diet can be highly beneficial, a study suggests.
Rolled Oats are one of the best varieties of Oats. They are made from large whole flakes and are used mostly in breakfast all over the world, as they are quick and easy to make and generally cooks within 2 to 3 minutes.
Here are some health benefits of Rolled Oats
1. They can lower cholesterol as they contain Beta Glucan fibres which lower cholesterol levels. They help to reduce the level of bad cholesterol LDL.
2. It controls our blood sugar levels especially people who are overweight. As it is high in fiber, it takes time to get digested and people usually do not feel hungry fast.
3. High in many vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B1 and B5, Zinc, Copper, Iron and Phosphorus. Most of the vitamins and minerals are present which can help to complete the daily requirement.
4. Oats contain a powerful antioxidant called Avenanthramides, which helps reduce blood pressure and provide overall health benefits.
5. Some research also suggests that Rolled Oats reduce the risk of Asthma among Children. At the end of the day, Oats are easily one of the best cereals available to mankind.